When spring arrives, the road calls. Here are some of the ways OnStar can help keep you safe and connected — wherever the road takes you.
1. Impromptu road trip. Sometimes the best trips are spontaneous. The ones where you and the family jump into the car and see where the road takes you. When you do, you’re never alone. Push your blue OnStar button for help finding a hotel or nearby attractions. Or try your vehicle mobile app to find attractions or destinations.
ONSTAR IN ACTION: See how the vehicle mobile app helped made one family’s life easier.
2. Know your vehicle. Now that you and your vehicle have survived the winter, how is your vehicle faring? Real-time Proactive Alerts through OnStar Advanced Diagnostics help alert you to issues before they become problems. You can also get a monthly diagnostic report and have your dealer contact you when it’s time for service.
ONSTAR IN ACTION: Even a technology professional is amazed by OnStar Advanced Diagnostics.
3. Spring weather. Spring weather can be summed up in one word: unpredictable. With OnStar, you are never alone, so if you’re caught in a weather emergency such as flooding or a tornado or hurricane, push your red Emergency button, and our Advisors can send help or help you navigate around any weather-related situations.
ONSTAR IN ACTION: See how our OnStar Advisor saved one Subscriber from severe weather.
4. Big game. Whether you’re heading to opening day at a big-league stadium or a child’s soccer tournament, parking can be a challenge. Use your vehicle’s mobile app to find and reserve parking and get a great deal via OnStar AtYourService. Guidance Plan Subscribers can even get Turn-by-Turn Navigation directions to the lot.
ONSTAR IN ACTION: Read how OnStar AtYourService surprised some happy grandparents with unexpected rewards.
5. Erratic drivers. Spring holidays can mean an increase in traffic, vacationing drivers and sometimes the erratic motorist. If you’re on the road and see a driver who you believe poses a danger to others, stay clear of them and push your red Emergency button. Our specially trained Advisors can contact emergency responders.
ONSTAR IN ACTION: Read how one Good Samaritan used OnStar to help an injured motorcyclist.
Some of the services mentioned in this story required a paid OnStar plan.
- Requires data plan, compatible vehicle and compatible device. Some features require factory-installed remote start, power locks, Tire Pressure Monitoring System or active OnStar service.
- Proactive Alerts are designed to help predict specific types of issues based on information collected from the vehicle. Other factors may affect vehicle performance. Not all issues will deliver alerts. In certain scenarios, a Dealer service check may be required to confirm the accuracy of the Proactive Alerts.
- Valid offers can vary. Check AtYourService through the vehicle mobile app for latest offers.
- Visit onstar.com for vehicle availability, details and system limitations. OnStar acts as a link to existing emergency service providers.